The management of irregular corneal conditions (in non-diseased eyes) including keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration, post-penetrating keratoplasty, post-radial keratotomy and post-LASIK surgery very often requires a large diameter GP material to help maximize visual acuity while ensuring optimum eye health. To address that need, Lagado offers TYRO (Dk 97) in a variety of large diameter blanks.
Lagado large diameter products are also available as an Enhanced Shouldered Blank. With a back surface precut and a radiused front surface shoulder, the Lagado ESB can help reduce cycle times during lathing by as much as 40 seconds a lens. Simply shouldering the button only removes 13% of the material – the ESB form removes more than twice as much, up to a 40% reduction in volume, leading to a significant reduction in relapping costs.
TYRO-97 is an ideal high Dk lens material for the management of irregular corneal conditions.
|Oxygen Permeability (Dk)||97|
|Wetting Angle||< 25°|
|Large Diameter Stock Colors||See Lagado Products Guide|
- Highly permeable material – Dk 97
- Formulated to achieve a critical balance of rigidity, durability, wettability and stability
- Outstanding surface properties
- Offers greater rigidity and lower flexibility compared to other high Dk materials
- Available for all corneal diameter lenses and most scleral lens designs
- Shouldered, flat and ESB blanks available in 17mm and 21mm.
- Custom dimensions available upon request.